When last I wrote, I was a kept woman (also read as jobless) and in the beginning stages of a blossoming relationship. Today, I am a co-dependent working woman in the beginning stages of a live-in relationship (with the most imperfectly amazing man on the planet – boring, I know).
And, well, that’s it really. The end.
Ok, ok, I’ll expand a little more. I went for a gazillion interviews and got turned down - BBBEE or whatever. Good thing I’m used to rejection or I would have had zero self-esteem left. My retrenchment diary count got to in excess of 120 days. To be honest, I'd turned down a few unsuitable positions. I didn't want just any job, I wanted the right job. Anyway, I was boring people to tears with my conversations about what the best way to remove wine stains from the boys shirts were. I was driving the boy insane with my insomnia and with my crazy, and with making him my guinea pig for my cooking experiments. My friends had run out of motivational speeches and were low on mojo supplies as they’d had to donate most of theirs to me. I was driving myself around the bend. It was not pretty.
And then, once I’d found some calm in my mind and spirit and was able to realise that, despite being in some serious poo, the Universe was (in its own roundabout way) providing for me … and I received two of the best job offers in one week, and accepted what I thought was the most spectacular job offer for me (all within two weeks)!
![]() |
| A three-colour composite of a region of star formation in the constellation of Aquila Credit: ESA |
My lesson from this story includes lessons I’ve learnt and relearnt a million times: Everyday is another beginning, a chance to start again. Positive thought, positive feelings, positive results. The Universe does indeed provide, I just need to stop trying to bend it to my will. Sometimes I need to have a little more faith, in me, in people and in said Universe. My friends are all the family I need. And finally, my dark side will always try and lead me astray, but all I have to do is on hold tight.
As for The Boy, when the niggles and challenges and curve balls that life inevitably throws at you comes my way, he is in my corner. And if that wasn’t more than enough, I get to fall asleep in his arms every night and wake up in them every morning.
I’m one of the luckiest girls on the planet.

No comments:
Post a Comment