Monday, October 25, 2010

Random Week

Yaye! I have my home internets back! *HUGS screen, modem and hard drive*

At this moment, I am multi-tasking "Supernatural" with updating my blog. Don't worry. I'm a woman. I can do this. On some days I can even drive and chew gum simultaneously. A real shocker, I know.

Wait...Dean is about to take his shirt off... Hmmm. Yums.

As I was about to say, the last week has been an interesting-happy-sad-mad-hectic-fun-busy-thoughtprovoking one.

Interesting and thought provoking because I've been keeping my eye on the news and Idiot Malema's Twitter page. I'm getting a niggly suspicion that there is a group of political assholes who would love to become the oligarchy of the country. Except instead of being distinguished by royalty, wealth and family ties, this oligarchy would be distinguished by greed, corruption, lies and misinformation. I suspect too, that this particular group of political assholes would love to cuff and chain anyone who dares utter a word of disrespect against them, in particular, limiting our rights to free speech. Have a read of these articles, which are only two of many showing up in the news of late - http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/south-africa/100824/press-freedom-under-threat and http://www.mg.co.za/article/2010-08-12-sas-pressfreedom-debate-goes-global

(Breaking for a moment to watch Sam get down and dirty with some hot babe. Hmmm. Milkybar and Cinnamon.)

I've been very happy, interspersed with some immensly sad moments. No, I am not certifiable. Nor am I on any prescription medication. Like the customised Ouroboros I have inked on my wrist, I am facing yet another new beginning in my life. I wonder if this time I'll emerge as a butterfly... I'm really not a moth kind of girl.

The mad-hectic-busy part of my week relates to this being my final week as part of the Avusa group. I consult for the month of November, and then who knows where I'll end up. It's bound to be another exciting rollercoaster ride.

...OMG. There are TWO Deans!...

Oh, yes, fun. I've been getting out a bit and meeting some really cool people. For me it's quite unusual to meet real people, strange as that may sound. I meet people online all day, and often socialise for work. The people are rarely real. I do wonder how it is coming back home has changed that part of my life. I used to meet real people in London quite often. I suspect this lack of meeting real people may have something to do with having enforced hermitism on myself, working 12 hour days and chasing that next step up the corporate ladder. It left little time for real things on purpose. But that was then. This is now! I'm happy, laughing, smiling and free-spirited. I still have my freak-out crazy moments, of course, but they're part of my charm.

Before I leave you, I'd like to recommend you watch The Boat That Rocked. If you love music (any kind of music) and laughing, this is a great movie!

And that, dear readers, is me for the night. The Supernatural boys have just said goodbye to me too. Sigh.

Buenas noches mis amores.

No comments:

Post a Comment